Tuesday, May 20, 2008

First day on the new job.

I put in a request for the laptop I mentioned earlier (the Sager UberLaptop of Powah!) but with a BlueRay burner, extra battery (as the battery life of that notebook is zilch, one hour max under good conditions I bet) along with an extra power brick to make moving it between home and work less of a hassle. Can't wait for it to arrive!

It'll be heavy at nearly 20# with laptop, PS and extra battery. We'll just have to see how the mobile server works out. Hopefully I can run with Win2k8 server on the machine for maximum networking performance for load generation. *knock on wood*

It appears that my new employer might be licensed for VS2008 Team Edition and if so, I'll have the basic tools for coded web tests in C#. I don't know about Agent licensing via MS yet but it is one step at a time right now.

Got a little heads up on what appears will be my first LT and it isn't the typical LT that I've performed in the past. There are HTTP interfaces as well as FTP and POP3. I believe that JMeter is capable of running both FTP and POP3 protocols for load testing and I will probably look into that further once I get settled in my current work location. I'm sure that there are more important details and I gathered the above information from just an informal discussion at my first lunch with my workmates.

No comments: