Friday, October 9, 2009

I'm dreaming of a laid off Chrismas...

Got a call. Looks like the program that I am on is not going to be funded past mid-November. I suspect that if laid off in mid-November two weeks before Thanksgiving and the Holiday season not much is going to happen job wise, just like last year.

At least this time I have some heads up warning and can plan accordingly unlike my previous stint at VT (may JC and RZ rot in the lower bowels of Hell). So, I don't think it'll be so bad this time around.

During this hiatus I think I'll give The Grinder a closer look as I haven't had a chance to use it yet on anything and I've been doing a lot more Python coding as of late (PyDQ and SimPy stuff). An updated Grinder plug-in has been created for Eclipse and hopefully it works out better than my previous attempt at using Grinderstone.

Good times!

No comments: