Wednesday, June 4, 2008

JMeter SMTP Plug-in author responds

Luca Maragnani, the author of the SMTP Plug-in for JMeter responded to my e-mail that I had sent the other day about some things I found interesting about the plug-in and he gave me the skinny on the "[res_key=smtp_title]" issue:

"To solve the issue of [res_key=smtp_title] in order to be "SMTP Sampler" you must edit the properties file org/apache/jmeter/resources/messages.properties in ApacheJmeter_core.jar and add the key 'smtp_title=SMTP Sampler'."

So, I took the .jar, uncompressed it with WinRAR, made the edits as described and re-archived the files as a .zip, renamed the extension back to .jar and gave it a run and it worked like a champ.

No word on the "Every e-mail comes back with a warning when check for failure checkbox is checked." I believe that we had a communication issue. No big deal all in all.

It was purt near nice for him to respond to my e-mail in the first place and I thank him for his useful contribution.

1 comment:

Ram said...

the link beolink.org seems to be down and I wanted to try this sampler. could you please send me the tool and the instruction on how to run the sampler with Jmeter?
Thanks